Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Upgrading ecommerce module and installing payment module SOLVED

Go to End

4 Posts   1873 Views

cumquat

Community Member, 201 Posts

3 December 2009 at 3:12am

Edited: 03/12/2009 9:53pm

Hi there,

Ok there is every chance i'm being a plum but please bear with me i'm more a designer than a coder.

I have a new(ish) install of SS 2.3.4 and it was running the stable eCommerce module 0.5.3 i need to integrate with paypal so after reading many many posts it seems i need to use eCommerce 0.6.1 and the payment module.
Ok i'm happy with this but when i upload both modules and try to dev/build i just get a blank white screen also the site dies with a 500 error, i have already put the debug send email in the _config file but it isn't sending me anything for this particular problem.

The system currently has products and such set up do i need to remove all these pages before upgrading or something or have a missed a fundamental step somewhere?

any help gratefully received

mick

cumquat

Community Member, 201 Posts

3 December 2009 at 9:53pm

Ok i ended up removing all pages and all products then the folder dev/build and uploaded again dev/build again and this time it worked.

Mick

merrick_sd

Community Member, 99 Posts

17 December 2009 at 9:37pm

Can anyone tell me, Is it true i need to use the unstable release for payal payment.

I have a site in 0.5.3 but i need to integrate paypal express checkout and google checkout.

davidm2010

Community Member, 107 Posts

6 February 2010 at 12:40am

How were you able to fix this?