Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

YouTube v2.3

Go to End

20 Posts   5242 Views

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

24 April 2009 at 2:54am

I've successfully got the YouTube module working on v2.2.3, however I can't seem to get it working on v2.3.

I can install the files etc, however when i create a YouTube Gallery page, i can't enter the YouTube Username. On my v2.2.3 version, there is a space for me to type in the YouTube username. There is no text box for this on the v2.3 version.

Any ideas?

masoud.org

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 May 2009 at 6:46pm

I sort of find out the problem, check the following

http://silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/259666#post259666

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

5 May 2009 at 4:28am

Hi!

I had the same problem, but it got resolved with the latest trunk build, you could try it

Regards,
Juan

Briohny

5 May 2009 at 4:46am

Great. Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Briohny

8 May 2009 at 8:04am

Hey Juan,

Thanks, i managed to install the trunk version. Did you manage to get the videos to appear in the popup window rather than go to YouTube? I've clicked the checkbox, however there's an error and the videos don't play at all. I know in the current version of the YouTube module, you could change some code in the youtubegallery.php file so that the videos played in the same spot as the thumbnail. Any ideas?

Juanitou

8 May 2009 at 9:27am

Edited: 08/05/2009 10:13am

Hi!

What's that error? The only thing I remember changing in the code is forcing the inclusion of the lightwindow javascript in the home page, which in my case offers in a rightbar the last video published in the YouTube page. Everything else worked since the beginning. You know, I have not had the time to explore this module yet… :(

Regards,
Juan

Briohny

8 May 2009 at 9:39am

Hi Juan,

I've installed the module and i want the videos to be either displayed using the lightbox or displayed on the page (i.e. NOT be transferred to the YouTube website).

There's an option in the CMS for the YouTube module to display the videos in a lightbox. When i select this option, an error comes up on the YouTube video page and the videos don't work. The error message displayed is 'null is null or not an object' in IE or in firefox 'lightwindow_ navigation' is null. I'd like to be able to play the videos in the lightbox but i can't get it to work. Did it work for you? I'm using ss 2.3.1 and the recent trunk version of YouTube module.

Juanitou

8 May 2009 at 10:29am

Well, I'm not an expert, but it seems as a JavaScript error. ‘lightwindow_navigation’ is the ID of a div created by the lightwindow code. I can only suggest to debug the rendered page and look for this ID: is it there? Try a JavaScript debugger, it should point you to the faulty code.

Also, are you sure that you installed the whole trunk, that no files are missing or that only some of them got replaced?

Out of ideas after midnight in France,
Juan

Go to Top