With a creative approach to design and presentation, NUCU brings professional-quality cookware and bakeware to home kitchens throughout the United States. Recently launched by Vollrath Co., a foodservice industry leader based in Wisconsin, the NUCU premium cookware line called for a branding and marketing strategy that conveyed a passion for intuitive design.
Having initially sold products exclusively through retailers, NUCU also required a platform to deliver resources and detailed product information for customers and retailers, and the ability for customers to purchase NUCU products online.
To bring this project to life, NUCU called on Wisconsin-based digital agency and SilverStripe Professional Partner, Dynamic.
eCommerce and multifunctionality
The team didn’t have to look far to find a reliable eCommerce solution. FoxyStripe is a product catalogue module built by the team at Dynamic that integrates with Foxy.io—a powerful eCommerce platform providing a cart, checkout, payment processing, and shipping and tax calculation.
The combination of SilverStripe and Foxy.io created a robust and easy-to-manage solution for the client.
Other features of the online store include 5-star reviews, product quick views, and the ability to feature products throughout the site using Elemental content blocks. Customers have the ability to log in, create wishlists featuring their favourite NUCU products, and share lists with their friends and family.
Dynamic also created a recipe section on the website to showcase culinary creations using NUCU cookware and bakeware. NUCU can post recipes created by their chef partners, to inspire customers to create delicious meals with NUCU products.
Customers are able to use the ingredients list as a checklist while grocery shopping and watch instructional videos as they prepare the dish. After they create their meal, they can return to the site and leave a 5-star review.
SilverStripe modules used on this project
To achieve the desired functionality and outcomes for NUCU, Dynamic utilised a number of SilverStripe modules:
- FoxyStripe is a product catalog module that integrates with Foxy.io. Currently being rewritten as silverstripe-foxy, Dynamic are breaking functionality out into additional add-on modules, and making product pages Elemental friendly. Plans are also afoot to rewrite much of the backend to leverage Foxy.io’s API, with a stable version available by the end of 2019.
- FlexSlider creates a carousel of images and rich media using FlexSlider js. Used on both page types and with silverstripe-elemental-flexslider.
- Elemental is used for flexible layouts throughout the site, which utilises many of Dynamic’s content blocks. Custom blocks were also created for content, including related products and recipes, and featured products.
- SilverStripe Reviews by i-lateral is used for 5-star product and recipe reviews by registered users. Also selected because it leverages the comments module and works well with comment notifications.
- Member Profiles by Symbiote enables customers to register and login to view their order history, create wishlists, and leave reviews and comments.
An experienced, full-service digital agency
Dynamic is a full-service digital agency offering comprehensive solutions to assist businesses build their online commerce and reach. The team develops brand experiences from concept to creation through research, planning, design, development, and hosting.
Their services also extend to include online social and advertising campaigns, email marketing, mobile and web applications, strategic planning, brand identity development, and direct marketing.
Like what you see here?
Interested in becoming a SilverStripe Partner?
Check out the SilverStripe Professional Partner Programme.