Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

what version of ss should i use?

Go to End

4 Posts   1101 Views

shaf

Community Member, 27 Posts

20 June 2013 at 2:48am

using 3.0.5 seems to be full of bugs... and really difficult to use i am new to silverstripe and omg its a frustrating throw ur computer out the window cms....! any advice for a newbie and info would be appreciated, had probbs installing due to using free host and now i cant login seems like problem after problem, i have vaigly used other cms,s and they have never once given me a error, so what am i doing wrong i am thinking 3.0.5 is whats wrong? and this cms really is not simple at all unless i am wrong? feel like i need a degree in coding to really call it easy : ( help! plz!

Nobrainer Web

Community Member, 138 Posts

20 June 2013 at 8:43am

I think i would go for SS3.1beta3, or you could just go for 2.4.9 - not the new nice admin design, but it works.

SilverStripe can be a bit complex, it's not a CMS like Wordpress where you add modules and modules and then you have what you "kinda" want.
In SS, you code exactly what YOU want - once you get the basics, you will love it.

Read the tutorials and you will come a long way fast!

Good luck :o)

shaf

20 June 2013 at 2:05pm

ok thanks for ur reply ; ), so i wont get error scripts for older versions of ss? i will try to see which version the websites use aka hosts : ) i will try to see if i can fix the error if not i will go with your advice ty again any other info would be appreciated

shaf

21 June 2013 at 6:10pm