September’s Site of the Month is Vitora by the skilled team at Web Torque, a digital agency and SilverStripe Professional Partner based in Auckland, New Zealand.
About Web Torque
Web Torque are proud to be a small agency with a breadth of skills including digital strategy, design and UX, and web development.
From their Auckland headquarters they work with businesses all over New Zealand, ranging from new startups to multinational corporate companies.
The team has more than 16 years’ combined experience in SilverStripe and has built over 40 SilverStripe websites/applications since 2011 including Spark Digital, Silver Fern Farms, the Kiri Te Kanawa Foundation, Gibbston Valley Winery, and more.
They believe in using all their skills in collaboration to create smart, intuitive, and exceptional web products for their clients.
Vitora tyres have been developed by a team across Europe and Australasia, and designed for modern vehicles across a variety of road conditions.
Value and dependability are at the core of Vitora whose range covers passenger, performance, SUV, 4WD, and light van tyres.
Web Torque were approached by Vitora to build the brand’s new global website with a tight turnaround of four weeks until the international launch.
Web Torque's solution
After initial discovery sessions, it was clear that the design was required be clean and simple, and also support the imagery that had to be front and centre for launch.
The Vitora website was built in SilverStripe 4.0.3 and makes good use of the content block module, allowing the client flexibility to change layouts on the fly.
The decision was made to host the site on SilverStripe Platform. This enabled Web Torque to concentrate on developing the website without worrying about hosting, security, and maintenance issues.
With the global nature of the Vitora website, the 24-hour availability of the SilverStripe Platform team is another benefit.
Modules used on the project
- dnadesign / silverstripe-elemental – used to create modular and reusable content like the carousels, banners, and any column layout content. Each column can be rendered with customised layouts suitable for its content type.
- silvershop / silverstripe-hasonefield – allows the creation of a CMS button for generating and editing a single related object.
- symbiote / silverstripe-gridfieldextensions – used for added functionality to the SilverStripe grid field like drag and drop reordering.
- jonom / focuspoint – used for images on the frontend especially in responsive designs where the centre of the image needs to be offset to a person or object of interest.
- silverstripe / blog – SilverStripe’s blog module provides an excellent starting point for customising news articles and dealer resources.
- tractorcow / silverstripe-colorpicker – a colour picker for the CMS which provides content editors full flexibility on colour schemes for various parts of the site while keeping the overall colour scheme locked to a predefined selection of colours.
The client was impressed by the turnaround time achieved, with the site coming back for testing on the precise day that was agreed at the start of the project plan, and an on-time launch achieved.
The website continues to support offline promotion of Vitora as the brand develops.
Like what you see here?
If you’re interested in working with Web Torque, please visit their website or contact them directly.
Interested in becoming a SilverStripe Partner?
Check out the SilverStripe Partner Programme.
Posted by bigso11 11, 02/10/2018 6:26am (5 years ago)