Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95924 Views

Bo_Einzeller

Community Member, 18 Posts

24 February 2009 at 11:22pm

I've teste your new files and if both managers are in list-view it works without a problem. I you use two FileDataObjectManager and the first is in grid-view, the second manager still can't be sorted.
There's an HTML error (the Comment should be '<!-- LIST VIEW -->', not '<! -- LIST VIEW -->'), but that's not the cause for it.
It's realy strange, when you switch the view of the first manager with sorting enabled of the second manager, sorting works without turning it off and on again...

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

25 February 2009 at 9:53am

This is looking exciting, UncleCheese.

Is there a convenient way to override the server-side file name/folder of an uploaded file?

Basically, I'm hoping to place all uploads from a given page in a folder whose name is equal to the ID of the given page. So, if I upload "doc.pdf" from page ID 32, I would like the file's path to be "32/doc.pdf".

Does that sound doable?

Thank you,
Ben

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

25 February 2009 at 10:10am

It does.. I assume you're talking about the FileDataObjectManager? It was on the list for the first release, but i decided most people wouldn't want such a feature so i wishlisted it for the next one. I'll add it in soon.

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

25 February 2009 at 10:26am

Wow! Thanks for the fast response! Any idea how soon? Would it be of interest to you if we came up with a patch that implemented this for you to consider?

Ben

UncleCheese

25 February 2009 at 12:03pm

Shouldn't be that hard. I know exactly what I need to do. I'll add it into the SVN checkout this weekend sometime.

dynamite

Community Member, 66 Posts

25 February 2009 at 2:29pm

This is really cool so far! I hope to test it out soon.

Is my understanding correct that this will be replacing your Bulk Uploader module?

Thanks agian.

Bo_Einzeller

Community Member, 18 Posts

25 February 2009 at 8:31pm

UncleCheese, do you have the same issue with sorting the data (list and grid view mixed)? Cheers

UncleCheese

26 February 2009 at 3:00am

@dynamite - Yes, for the few who were using the BulkUploader in its barely-stable state, consider this a replacement. Should be as simple as changing the code "BulkUploaderField" to "FileDataObjectManager".

@Bo -- Haven't tested it yet. I'll try to get a test scenario built today.